Would you or your children know what to do in case your home is affected by storm, fire, flood or other disaster? Sadly, most families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency occurs, you most likely will not all be together. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a designed to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of water, food and other necessary items in case of emergencies. Paul Davis recommends getting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least three days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Know where the closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least twice a year.
Having a plan in place will better prepare you and your family in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our community. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form